Anti-Wrinkle Treatment and Dermal Fillers are quick fixes and non-surgical, but there are a few post treatment guidelines and after-care to take into account.
Anti-Wrinkle treatments such as Botox®, Bocouture® and DySport® begins to take effect within two weeks. Full relaxation of the muscles occurs after two weeks, when you should be ‘topped up’ in any areas which need more. So, if you have a holiday or an event booked, then it’s best to be treated at least four weeks beforehand. As you are being injected with a tiny needle, there will always be traces of minor bruising, which should go away naturally.
After treatment, there are some guidelines to follow:
- Do not rub or massage treated area, be assured any marks or bumps will disappear.
- Do not apply make-up for up to 4 hours after treatment.
- Do not perform any strenuous exercise for up to 6 hours.
- Do not drink alcohol for 6 hours.
- Do not lie down for 4 hours after treatment.
- If you have any bruises you may apply Arnica Gel or cream to the area.
- Avoid having a facial for 24 hours.
- Do not take any long haul flights for 24 hours.
For Dermal Fillers, the bruising remains longer due to the more invasive techniques used. Post treatment, there may be some redness, swelling or tenderness at the treatment site. Occasionally some bruising may occur around the treated area; this is usually short term and will subside within a few days.
Lip treatments may take a little longer to settle.
Again, the guidelines for post treatment after care include:
- Avoid wearing make-up post treatment for 12 hours; there is no need to massage this product unless instructed to do so by your practitioner.
- Until the initial swelling or redness has resolved, do not use sun beds, saunas, steam rooms and avoid extreme temperature. Always wear a high factor sun block on your face.
- If taking aspirin or any similar medication, this may increase the risk of bruising and discolouration to the skin, at the injection site.
It’s recommend you give at least a few weeks for bruising to go down. Some people will have bruising which disappears much quicker.